Sunday, July 19, 2009

Update....

Hard job market. I have about enough money left to pay one more month of bills and only bills. With both my wife and myself unemployed, it has lasted longer than I thought. Tomorrow, my school goes back to work. I am almost depressed to know I won't be there after I put so much of myself into it. I wasn't given the chance others were given in the past and I know it. I just figured I'd have job security if I stayed with the state. How wrong I was...

The ghost of credit fraud past has come back to haunt me, mainly in the form of great interviews and turn downs based on my poor responsibility shown on my credit score. The only poor judgment I have made there is not taking the villian who did this to me to task. I only have a few weeks to fix it before I start going back to the rejections that said they would reconsider me if I were to fix my credit. I have a wife, a home, and step-children who need me to be pulling down a decent living wage. I won't hesitate to do what ever needs to be done within the law to remedy this issue once and for all.

I've been working out for about two weeks now. I got the Power 90 in-home boot camp from a friend of my wife. It is the predecessor to the current infomercial darling : P90x. It has the same basic Idea with working out 6 days a week for 90 days. I don't like the fact that they try to hock their supplements to you. Take a vitamin and watch what you eat. You would be amazed what you can do health-wise with little to no "supplements".

As far as diets go, I liked Weight Watchers and Atkins. I lost 30+ with the first an 45 with the other. The thing I liked about WW, is that you could buy the frozen dinners and they were not bad at all, or expensive for that matter. I could use the online tools to measure my days. That bad is trying to count points when life gets hectic and you can't plan out your meals.

I liked Atkins because of how it made me feel. Basically, there was very little math and just a very difficult 2 week induction period where there were just things you could not eat, and after that you introduce the "no-no" foods back in moderation. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and steaks for dinner. How great is that? The downside is that everyone who know jack about health and nutrition gives you shit every day all day as to how badly you are treating your body while all your pain, health issues, and fat rolls go away.

Sadly, nutrition is like religion. There is a different opinion for every person and usually the opinions are grossly uninformed.

What is the secret? Consume fewer calories than you need you lose weight. Consume more calories than you need, and you gain weight. Eat foods that fill you up without the extra calories.

No comments: