Sunday, May 23, 2010

Update

I didn't want it bad enough. I thought I did, but I didn't. I have to push myself to get where I need to be.

I get to thinking about getting in "prime" shape. I like the term prime. Great things are prime. Prime real estate, prime rib, Optimus Prime, back when I was in my prime.

I realized the other day I never had a prime. 17-30 went in a blur with nothing great to show for it. I look up one day and I'm a fat, bald, and way out of shape. If I get into shape, it will be the closest to a prime I've ever had.

I'm okay with that.

I changed my name when I got my BA because I feel like a new person and I felt the ties to my old life were holding me down. There are more reasons too, but we won't go there now.

I don't know how long it will take to get where I need to be to meet my goals, but I know it took a lifetime of bad choices to get here and it will have to be a lifestyle change to get away from it.

No comments: